Life in the Girl Lane

A thirtysomething's perspective on life, love, and everything in between.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And guest?!

I love my friends for giving me far too much credit for the hopping love life I don’t have. Because they know the person I am – the person I have been for years – they naturally expect that I would be flocked with gentleman callers. Much to their (and sometimes my own) surprise, they aren’t exactly beating down the doors. But that's another story.

This is why it is always a slight shock when I receive those thick, cream colored envelopes with my name in elegant lettering with the “and guest” attached. What guest do they think I have? I’m not complaining though. Rather that than have them think I am not capable of finding a guest!

Fortunately for me, I am quite independent and I don’t need a guest. My guest will come along in due time. For now, I’d rather not bring just anyone along and have to spend my evening entertaining that person. Been there. Done that. I’d much rather devote my time and energy to be the social butterfly that I am and float from friend to friend.

So to those of you in this same situation who wonder, “who am I going to bring to this thing?” Just think, when you aren’t attached to an “and guest” you are free to be that cute, single girl and enjoy all the possibilities that come with the territory…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home