Life in the Girl Lane

A thirtysomething's perspective on life, love, and everything in between.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I wonder...

Allow me creative liberty as I extend and stretch this analogy way beyond its intended means.


So I, like many others, love the Pussycat Dolls. Any ladies that aren’t scared to boldly proclaim their hotness, among other assets, are my kind of people! So of course their popular hit “Buttons” is one of my favorite. However, I have yet to hear or experience first hand any guy saying “what they are going to do to me” without them actually trying. That is not to comment on the success of any of those efforts, but merely setting the stage for what I am about to state.


Instead of physical buttons beckoned to be loosened, can’t we imagine that these are emotional buttons that we are desired to be loosened? If it is possible for someone to disappoint you in their lack of effort and follow through in turning you on physically, it is definitely possible for some to disappoint you in turning you on emotionally. From a woman of the school of thought of “say what you mean and mean what you say,” I think the disappointment develops out a lack of honesty. If you are going to say that you are going to be with me, then that’s what you should mean and that’s what you should do. But as in the lyrics of the song, “I ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”


While on the topic of lack of honesty, I must pick a bone with all the gentlemen (if you are worthy of that title!). If you say what you mean and mean what you say, you would avoid a lot of unnecessary misunderstandings and hurt feelings (if you are interested in not being a …take your choice of expletive). For the record, if your words are only out of obligation or formality, and are not going to match your actions, then don’t bother.


You’ve been saying all the right things all night long, but I can’t seem to get you over here to help take this off…


So I speculate, what’s the problem? Why can’t I get you over here to remove these superficial layers of who I am and find out what’s going on underneath it all? Yes, despite whatever initially lured you over, I do have a mind, and an interesting, creative, brilliant one at that. Does that make you nervous?


'Cause the love you said you had ain't been put on me…


Is it fear that fuels your empty claims and triggers this illogical need to ignore? Do you really have the capacity to engage and stimulate me mentally? Do you really have the strength and desire to support me emotionally? If so, I’m waiting.


I wonder. If I'm just too much for you…


Are you not strong enough for me to tell you what I want? Maybe I am just too much for you.


I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home