Life in the Girl Lane

A thirtysomething's perspective on life, love, and everything in between.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanks

Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember. Besides the obvious gastronomic delights, it is the one time of year where it seems that everyone is together again, if not always in body, mind and spirit at least. It is a chance to break from our busy schedules to reacquaint and rekindle friendships of the lasting kind. For that opportunity, and the opportunity to surround myself with my family, I am extremely grateful. So here is to you. My friends. I am so very thankful for each and everyone one of you and how you have influenced me in so many positive ways. Happy Thanksgiving!


I’m thankful for the friends who have been constant over the years. Even though there have been days, months, and years when we have seen or talked more or less than usual, the bonds we share have remained.

I’m thankful for the friend who, despite her many responsibilities as wife and mother, always carves out time for me and my needs and concerns.

I’m thankful for the friends that seem to know just what to say and just when to say it.

I’m thankful for the friends who took me to the top of a mountain and allowed me to go beyond the boundaries of my comfort zone and embrace another facet of myself.

I’m thankful for the friends who, despite being on the other side of the country, are such a part of my life that I feel like they are just next door.

I’m thankful for the friends who just understand and relate to where I am on this journey called life.

I’m thankful for the friends how inspire me to be the best me I can be because that is a worthy person.

I’m thankful for the friend who is strong beyond measure that amazes me with her courage and allows me to find that within myself.

I’m thankful for the new friends I have made this year who have each added something to my life that was not present before be it a new perspective or a familiar understanding.

I’m thankful for the friend who is the eternal optimist whose faith in me never diminishes.

I’m thankful for the friends who surpass the boundaries of friendship and are more like family.

I’m thankful for the friends who fill the minutes and the hours with conversation and companionship.

I’m thankful for the friend who is so sure of herself and what she wants that she inspires me to do the same.

I’m thankful for the friend who knows when and how to sugar coat it for me.

I’m thankful for the friend who knows how to give it to me straight.

I’m thankful to all who read my ranting and raving and support me in my endeavors!

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you, too. Thank you for being my friend, Ms. Purnell, and for the early mornings and late late nights.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://aioavqhc.com/ekrt/rokx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bhgskjpf.com/djbo/otmb.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://aioavqhc.com/ekrt/rokx.html | http://yearfqxa.com/kgiw/nutw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home