Life in the Girl Lane

A thirtysomething's perspective on life, love, and everything in between.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Forgive

I have never been one to hold grudges. Even when they were warranted, I could just never bring myself to do so. I found that while it is not always easy to forgive, it is far better for my soul to forgive or just let go. Why let hate or anger grow where love and happiness should reside?

I have forgiven for the minor infractions of forgotten phone calls and misunderstandings. I have forgiven even for the more hurtful heartbreaks, half truths, and let downs.

What I have found is that the one person I have the hardest time forgiving is myself. Forgiving myself for making mistakes. For wasting time on the wrong person. For not being as strong or as confident as I am supposed to be. For not having all the answers. For doubting the plan.

It isn’t an overnight process and only comes with time. I am working at becoming more constructive in my criticism of myself. I’m gradually learning to let go of the idea of my perceived perfection and taking myself off the pedestal others have placed me on. I, too, am human and am learning to embrace my flaws and relish the fact that life gives you second chances to rectify your mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home