Life in the Girl Lane

A thirtysomething's perspective on life, love, and everything in between.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Hello, 30!

1/26/10

Dear Thirties,

It was so nice to finally meet you! You were so gracious and welcoming. I loved every minute celebrating the commencement of our relationship. Now that the celebrations have died down and we are settling in together, I just wanted to let you know how I feel about you and what I am looking forward to in our journey together.

In the 2 weeks I've known you, you’ve already made such an impact on my life. I mean, I was always confident while with Twenties, but since I’ve met you, it has a different, more intense feel. It’s like I’m literally walking on sunshine! Somehow, meeting you has given me more clarity and awareness. I’ve traded my idealistic, rose-colored glasses and my cynical, jaded colored glasses for crystal clear ones! I know it is because of the baggage you made me leave behind with Twenties. You gave me the courage to let it go and leave it behind – and I did! It was so incredibly freeing to do so. Now I can focus on you and me. I’m thankful that you did allow me to bring the lessons I learned from all the mistakes. Having those to reference can only make our time together that much better.

Our time together is going to be quite an adventure! More pieces will fall into place. I’ll experience amazing life changes both personally and professionally. In honor of this adventure, I decided that in this first year together, I would engage in some sort of extra special adventure each month. Conquering fears, trying new things, learning more about life or myself. I’m eager to start with a solo vacation, learning trapeze, and running a 10-mile race. There will be more! I’m excited to come up with more adventures for us. Thirties, if it wasn’t for you changing my life, I wouldn’t be so willing to take life by the horns. Thanks for being so willing to come along for the ride.

While I know our time together won’t be perfect and we will have our share of challenges, I am confident that I’ll be able to handle them with courage, strength, and grace. And when I don’t, I know I’ll at least be able to find my way back to the path of courage, strength, and grace much sooner! Here’s to a beautiful and exciting adventure ahead!

Love,

Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home